The Student Leadership Group (SLG) is made up of carefully selected representatives from each year group, led by the Junior Head Boy and Junior Head Girl. The SLG meets regularly to give all students in school a voice. As well as serving as a mechanism for student consultation over proposed changes to school routines, it also provides a forum for all students to contribute their ideas and suggestions for further improving the experience of all young people in school.
The SLG is made up of:
It's time to select the SLG for September 2019. Do you have the following skills to represent your form or year group?
• Act as an Ambassador for the Form Group;
• Have excellent punctuality and attendance;
• Demonstrate mature and conscientious behaviour at all times;
• To attend and contribute to year group meetings;
• To actively participate in helping to organise events.
STUDENT YEAR LEADER:
• Act as an “Ambassador” for the school at all internal and external events as required;
• To act as a role model to all students, supporting the ethos and values of the Academy;
• To actively participate in organising events;
• To represent student voice at half termly attendance at SLG meetings;
• To effectively manage the Form Representatives, delegating where necessary;
• To aim to attain 100% attendance through the year;
The Junior Head Students l will be carefully selected following a rigorous interview process amongst current Year 10 nominees.